Monday, March 21, 2011

the mother of all magic windows

my name spartacus. guess what. i saw the biggest magic window ever. you can't believe it. you know how i tole you about the magic window and how much peepole love to look at it? well my fambly went to look at the mother of all magic windows and they took me with them!

we all got into my mini-van and i was excited even though i didn't know where we were going. i never know where we are going, but i'm always excited to go. so we drove and drove and drove and drove until i was like, "ok, this seems pointless. how about we stop, get out and pee on stuff?" but we kept on driving and driving and driving. i think my mommy was tired of driving too cause she was yelling at my daddy and i was like, "yes! get him to stop." i wanted to find a rolled up newspaper to give to her, but i didn't see one. most of the time i sat on my biggest sister Honey's lap and looked out the window; at all the lost opportunities...

finally, right around the time the sun fell to the earth, we got to where they were going: the edge of the world; also known as, GRANBURY. we got into a long line of cars waiting to get into, what i realized later, was some sort of temple.

so after a wait of about forever, we finally got in and there was nothing in there but a bunch of cars! it was just a big dumb parking lot. and it wasn't even "in" there. we were still outside. we parked and while i was staring at a fence and thinking, "we drove all that way for this?", the fambly went to the back of the van. mommy tole daddy to walk me and that's when i saw what i thought was just a gigantic wall. i should've knew there was more to it by the way everyone was facing it and staring at it expectantly. i didn't think about it at the time because i needed to find the right spot to stake my claim on the place. from what i could smell, other dogs came here too and they would need to know that i was here and was the new owner.

so by this time it was all the way night and when we got back to the van i was eager to have a good look around at all the dogs and their peepole now that i had successfully diversified my realty holdings. then, all of a sudden, a light came from the direction that all the peepoles were looking. i looked up and you can't even believe what i saw. the big wall had turned into a ginormous magic window! it was bigger than a house! IT - WAS - AWESOME!

so this is why our famblies leave the house everyday. they come to the edge of the world and look out of the mega magic window. and just like at home, they sit there and stare at it and eat in front of me. and just like at home, i quickly lost interest in it. how can you just sit there when there are all those hineys to sniff?! once they fell under it's spell i didn't know what to do with myself. when i was inside the van i wanted to get out and when i was out i wanted back in. one time i even sat up front to see if the van would go, like when my parents sit there, but it didn't work. i guess you need thumbs or sumpin.

they walked me a couple times so i could settle down and it helped. but for the most part all i could do was lay down with my daddy until the service was over. i was a little disappointed i didn't get to meet more dogs and their famblies.

well i could tell my sisters had a great time and so did my mommy and that is enough to make my tail wag. my daddy fell asleep which seemed disrespectful. when the sermon was over, the window turned back into a wall and everybody started leaving. my sisters fell asleep on the journey home. my daddy stayed awake cause he was driving and my mommy stayed awake cause my daddy was driving.

it was an interesting night to say the least, but i wish i could've gotten around a bit more. still, how many can say, "i've been to the edge of the world and peed on it."?

")"

No comments:

Post a Comment