Monday, March 28, 2011

adoption story part I

my name spartacus. as far as i know, that's always been my name. that was my name when my fambly adopted me somewhere between two weeks and 21 years ago. if you read my blog, you know i'm not good with time and numbers. but here's what happened...

i don't remember much about my life before i was adopted. i don't know if i had a boxer daddy and a boston terrier mama or vice versa. either way it's a disturbing image. anyway when my fambly took me to the dogtor after they adopted me, that's what she said i was; a boxer and a boston terrrier at the same time. then she looked at my teeth and said i was a year old so i guess your age is written on your teeth somewhere.

i don't remember my dog sisters and brothers and i don't really remember my first peepole fambly. i'm sure i would know them if i smelled them. they gave me up for adoption. i'm not positive why, but i think it had to do with my chewing. peepole seem to be pretty smart to me. they know how long a day is, they build stuff, they know where to find food, etc... it seems like knowing that puppies chew shouldn't surprise any of them. so i guess i chewed the wrong thing or one thing too many and they gave me up. oh and i guess they didn't care for my landscaping in the backyard. i must say though that i am grateful they gave me a second chance giving me a shot at another fambly.

when a fambly gives you up they take you to this place called a pound. i don't know why they call it that or who they are, but i hear things. they put you in jail, but the guards are nice. i got the feeling they really wanted to take care of you and were rooting for you. then once in a while they would take some of us in cages to a store and let peepoles look at us. the peepoles would look at us, pet us and go, "awwwwee!" and then sumpin awesome happened. if they liked you enough they would take you out and if you got extra lucky, they wouldn't put you back in. they would take you with them! and then, after a while they would take the rest of us back to jail.

so every time they took us out we realized that was our chance to find a home. so we would give each other advice on how to act or what expression to wear to try and get picked. we all tried to help each other. then came my turn. the fateful day when i met my mommy, daddy and my sisters, Honey and Cookie. we were in the store in our cages when i heard, "handsome boy" for the first time. i thought, "please let me be handsome. please!" and i was! mommy came right to my cage and she was talking to me!

to be continued....


No comments:

Post a Comment