Saturday, January 29, 2011

tell tails; a dog poem

my name spartacus. i know i've talked about my tail before, but i've got a lot of time on my paws. sometimes i write poetry and this is a poem about what makes my tail wag. sumpin you can all relate to...

tell tails
by spartacus


my tail tells a tale
of the feelings i feel
but so you don't think that i'm bragging,

i just want to share
for those who might care
some good things that get my tail wagging



when my fambly comes back
or i'm offered a snack
this triggers my rear-end appendage.

a walk never fails
to set off my tail
even in hurricane windage.



when the can-opener calls
i'm like pavlov's dog
cause my mouth; it gets all slobbery.

when the doorbell rings
into action i spring
and i bark just in case it's a robbery.



a pat on the head
cat under the bed
or sumpin i find awfully smelly.

children at play
on a cool sunny day
and, of course, a good rub on the belly.



sometimes it is sumpin
i didn't see comin'
the surprise of a new found old bone.

but the wag you can't see
is one deep inside me
when we're all safe and sound and at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment