Saturday, February 26, 2011

is there a dog in the house?!

my name spartacus. i had to cure my daddy and my biggest sister, Honey, this week. they were both sick as a... well, one of us. so i sat by them until i cured them and then today my mommy started feeling sick so i'm gonna sit by her until i cure her too.

anyway this got me to thinkin' i coulda been a good dogtor. maybe i should think about getting a job. so this was on my mind when i was chewing on my daddy's newsweek and i saw an article about dog jobs. did you know...

  • our noses are 100,000 times more sensitive than a peepole's nose.
  • labradors can dectect colorectal and bowel cancer with a 98% accuracy while current technology is right only about 10% of the time.
  • even though billions have been spent on technology, there is still nothing that beats a dog's nose when it comes to detecting bombs.
  • we can sniff out bed bugs with a 95% accuracy rate.
  • many of us are used to help scientists track endangered species in the open sea.
  • some of us can sniff out gluten in food to protect peeople with celiac disease.
so depending on the breed you are, you could be a lab tech, a soldier, an ocean biologist, a dogtor, a police dog.... we can be cowboys, firedogs, therapists, comedians...

so tell your pups to keep their noses clean and the world is wide open for them. i was considering looking into obedience school, but i like my current job of being a happy home maker. i don't know what my fambly would do without their fambly dogtor.

No comments:

Post a Comment